Making the most of ourselves is a very basic motivational instinct that we all recognise within us. Clients have often said that as a result of working with me they have been able to develop the awareness, attitudes, values, beliefs and behaviours necessary to lead rewarding, fulfilling and satisfying lives through:-
- Getting to know and understand themselves better
- Utilising coping strategies to deal with personal difficulties e.g. anger, anxiety, bereavement, phobias, panic, self esteem, stress and trauma
- Building, sustaining and revitalising relationships with others
- Valuing difference in others
- Improving parenting and family relationship capabilities
- Developing their professional careers
- Adjusting to the life changes needed to support family with developmental delay and learning difficulties
- Believing that they can lead others successfully
- Exploring their spiritual side
My experiences ranges from working with relationship issues, supporting in times of change, loss or life turbulence, to motivating people in refocusing and moving forward in life. I work alongside the individual aiding them to unblock their way forward.
My main training being in Social Psychology, Gestalt Psychotherapy, NLP, CBT and Mind Body Therapy, PSYCH-K, Sound Therapy, Meditation, Equine Therapy and Animal Therapy, I work with individuals, small groups and couples on a long or short term basis Psychotherapy approach modelled on each individual’s specific needs. I am also experienced in Motivational and Leadership Coaching for businesses across the country and the USA. I use the influences of my training in Occupational Therapy, NLP, Stress Management, Art Therapy and Business Coaching to aid my clients in acquiring techniques to apply in everyday life. The key is to help individuals to support themselves and to unlock the true potential that lies within…
Please visit www.marielouisewhitehead.coc.uk for more information about my creative way of working.
As an accredited member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy), BPS (British Psychological Society), Gestalt Centre, The Zen School of Shiatsu and The London College of Reflexology, I work in accordance with their Codes of Ethics and Practice.